The evaluation will be done in 2 stages
Every application for the Copernicus Incubation Programme is thoroughly screened and evaluated in two rounds. All applications are judged by a team of experts in venture capital investment, Copernicus and Earth Observation data, and business and start-up development or incubation.
The first round includes assessment of each applicant’s compliancy and a pre-screening to judge the quality of the application. The best projects proceed to the second round, where applicants are invited to present their project in person or in a video interview. The team of experts assesses each start-up’s business proposition, team and funding request in more detail.
The entire application process, from submission deadline to final decision, takes about one month. Winning start-ups may expect the first payment of their funding within four weeks after that.
The evaluation criteria will cover the following blocks:
Use of Copernicus data and services (1/3)
- Relevancy of Copernicus data or services to the business proposition.
- Team’s experience and ability to work with Copernicus data or services.
- Exploitation feasibility of Copernicus data/services on the chosen application/business idea
Commercial interest and financial outlook of the start-up (1/3)
- Qualities of the team (knowledge of subject matter; business drive; motivation and ambitions).
- Strength of business pitch .
Business expertise of the supporting incubation or acceleration programme (1/3)
- Scope and strengths of support services available to start-ups;
- Track record of success in incubation performance;
- Ability and motivation to support the applicant.