€ 50.000 to boost your start-up
Make Copernicus data and services work for you
The programme will award 50.000 euro to 20 European start-ups every year, to finance their incubation in an incubation/acceleration supporting organisation of their choice .
40 applications to get € 50.000 incubation funding
Top 5 domains
Size of start-up teams
Type of support program
Supporting rise and international growth of Copernicus data and services based start-ups in Europe
Big data produced by Earth observation has huge potential for the creation of innovative products and services. Applications have value in industry 4.0, mobile and digital, environment protection, management of urban areas, regional and local planning, agriculture, forestry, fisheries, health, transport, climate change, sustainable development, civil protection, tourism and others.
1. Boosting the use of Copernicus data and/or products from the Copernicus services by current or future businesses.
2. Supporting the most innovative and commercially-promising business applications based on Copernicus data and services in Europe.
– Equity free funding
– Lean application procedure
– Rapid evaluation and contract procedure
– Attractive payment scheme
– Eligible salary costs
– Complimentary with other support programmes
Conditions to apply
1. Copernicus data/services based innovative and commercially promising business propositions with international growth potential.
2. Maximum 5 years of operational history.
3. Legal presence in Europe, Iceland or Norway.
4. Preliminary agreement between start-up and incubation support programme (business incubator, accelerator …).
Copernicus is the European system for monitoring the Earth, coordinated and managed by the European Commission. It consists of a complex set of systems which collect data from multiple sources: earth observation satellites and in situ sensors such as ground stations, airborne sensors and sea-borne sensors. It processes this data and provides users with reliable and up-to-date information through a set of services related to environmental and security issues.
The services address six thematic areas: land, marine, atmosphere, climate change, emergency management and security.
YOUTUBE PLAYLISTS ABOUT COPERNICUS
Copernicus for entrepreneurs and developers
[yotuwp type=”playlist” id=”PLNxdHvTE74JwkTkQZl8Qv87rOdu0diZxX” ]
Access to Copernicus Data, Tools and Financing
[yotuwp type=”playlist” id=”PLNxdHvTE74Jyc35c8R-nuCWOAzmxH8sUz” ]
Verhaert Masters in Innovation manages the Copernicus Incubation Programme on behalf of the European Commission (EC). This initiative aims to make meaningful investments in rise and international growth of Copernicus based start-ups in Europe.
Verhaert Masters in Innovation is a leading integrated innovation group helping companies and entrepreneurs to innovate, create new products, businesses and services. The company has a cross-industry approach fuelled by multidisciplinary teams with expertise in design, technologies, engineering and business.